Michael Andrews is an Accredited Marine Surveyor® with SAMS and has over 20 years surveying experience. He is fully accredited with SAMS® with designation in yachts, small craft, commercial fishing vessels designations and a third-party vessel inspector. Mike also has a variety of many other accreditations and certifications that are listed on this site.
These accreditations and years of experience complement his ability to produce accurate and detailed surveys and reports. He also has 40 years of experience in the marine industry ranging from boat building to fishing.
Over those 40 years he worked for legendary boatbuilders such as Buddy Cannady & Ricky Scarborough and was factory captain for Davis Yachts along with performing commercial diving services, commercial towing and vessel repairs. In these years he has gained much hands-on experience and knowledge in vessel operation, building and repair. A lifetime of work and pleasure on all types of vessels is able to ensure a dependable and accurate evaluation of all marine projects.
- Certificate of Graduation – Ft. Lauderdale, FL (1998)
- Nav Tech Marine Institute
- Completion of Marin Surveyor Course
- Certificate of Graduation – Raleigh, NC (2000)
- Triangle Insurance School
- Completion of Adjusters Course
- Certification Graduation – Orlando, FL (2007)
- American Boat & Yacht Council
- Completion of Standards & Technical Course
- Certification of Course Completion – New Jersey (2014)
- International Association of Arson Investigators
- Completions of Technical Course
- Licensed by USCG w/ 100-ton Masters License & Towing Endorsements 1984
- Open Water, Rescue, Divemaster & Master Diver Certifications by NAUI 1986
- North Carolina Commercial Fishing Licenses w/ Endorsements 1990
- Licensed by North Carolina as Independent Adjuster 2000
- Accepted by SAMS as Surveyor Associate 2002
- Licensed by F E M A as Catastrophe & Flood Adjuster 2004
- Accepted by ABYC as Standards Proficient 2007
- Promoted by SAMS as Accredited Marine Surveyor # 945 2008
- Promoted by SAMS with Commercial Fishing Vessel Designation 2010
- Accepted by SAMS and USCG as 3rd Party Vessel Inspector 2013
- Designated Expert Witness / State of Georgia 2013
Evan Andrews was a Surveyor Associate with SAMS from 2017-2021 and is currently planning to become a fully certified marine surveyor. He graduated from North Carolina State University with a Bachelor of Science in Mathematics in 2014.
Since graduation, he began working with Mike in the surveying business and has been doing so for 7 years. Along with 7 years surveying experience he has been around Andrews Marine and its services his entire life. He obtained knowledge and familiarity with the vessels and marine surveying business through his youth, first-hand experiences and on-the-job training. He became ABYC standards proficient back in 2016.
He is currently a Master Mason at Manteo Lodge, Noble of the Sudan Shrine and member of the Dare County Beach Bums.